This quick & easy to bake cookie is perfect for a novice baker. The only recipe you need for deliciously moorish - crisp on the outside, fudgey on this inside - almond butter cookie. It's vegan and gluten free!
Makes 6 large-ish cookies
- 1 cup almond butter (we used crunchy here)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the banana, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and oat flour.
- Whisk for ~5 minutes until all ingredients are mixed together completely.
- Divide the mixture roughly into 6 parts.
- Use a scoop (or spoon) to place the mixture (spaced out evenly) and flatten lightly on the lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle almond shavings on the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for ~ 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on rack to cool.
Enjoy while warm!